indirect speech , türkçe dilbilgisinde karşılığı dolaylı anlatımdır , yani : birinin konusmasini baska birine aktarmak TOM: I’m feeling ill , Tom’un söylediğini 3. kişiye anlatmanın iki yolu var:
1. Tom said ` I’m feeling ill ` (Direkt olarak cümleyi almak) – Yazarken; mutlaka iki tırnak arasına al
2. Tom said that he was feeling ill ( Cümleyi bir derece past’lamak )
Cümleyi bir derece pastlamak:
NOT: Past perfect , Might , Ought to , Could , Should , Would – Bunlar Reported speech te değişmezler.
NOT: Reporting advice , commands , requests and warnings these kind of speech using the verbs :
advice, tell ,ask and warn + Personal object pronoun + infinitive.
1.You really should stop (advice)
She adviced me to stop
2.Don’t interrupt me (Command)
He told me not to interrupt him
3.Could you close the door please (Request)
She asked me to close the door
4.if you tell anyone , I will…. (warning)
She warned me not to tell anyone
1. Report edeceğin cümlede (did,saw,knew,….) varsa bunlar ya aynı kalır veya past perfect yaparsın.
CHARLIE: My car was stolen a few weeks ago.
a. He said that his car was stolen a few weeks ago.
b. He said that his car had been stolen a few weeks ago.
2. Haala doğruluğu devam eden bir olay, durum…u report ediyorsan verb’ i değiştirmeyebilirsin.
a. Tom said ` Newyork is more lively than london. `
b. Tom said that Newyork is more lively than london.
c. Tom said that Newyork was more lively than london.
Not: Eğer önceki söylenenle sonraki farklı ise yani durum değişikliği varsa mutlaka verb’ i past ‘ lamalısın.
3. Konuşan kişinin Kime konuştuğunu belirtirsen tell , belirtmezsen say kullan.
a. Sonia told me that you were ill
b. Sonia said that you were ill
Not: But you can say something to somebody.
a. Ann said goodbye to me and left. ( Ann said me OLMAZ )
b. What did you say to the police.
4. Reported speech te Rica ve Emirlerde ( to do , to say….) gibi infinitive ler kullanılır.
direct: `Stay in bed for a few days` the doctor said to me.
indirect: The Doctor told me to stay in bed for a few days.
The doctor said to stay in bed for a few days
direct: `Please don’t tell anybody what happened.` Ann said to me
indirect: Ann asked me not to tell anybody what happened.
direct: Don’t worry Sue
indirect: Sue was very pessimistic about the situation. I told her not to worry
( I told her to don’t worry ) YANLIŞ
direct: Don’t wait for me if I’m late.
indirect: I didn’t want to delay Ann , so I told her not to wait for me if I was late
( I told her to not wait for me ) YANLIŞ